Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Motorcycle Auctions! Are they real?

The thought of someone loosing their possessions kind of splits me down the middle of what I should feel. One half of me feel's really bad for that person. I could not begin to imagine what it is like to have someone come in and take my stuff from me because I could not afford it. The other half of me is kind of excited because I want what they had.

I started looking into motorcycle auctions because of Bike Week in Daytona Florida. There was a guy down there who had a sick looking set of wheels. It was a 1958 Harley and brother and sisters, lets me tell you, it was mint. I could not stop looking at this bike. I am not by any means a biker. The guy who owned this bike new it because of the questions I was asking. Long story short, he and I became friends. We chatted over the internet about business interest they we each have.

Later that year, business brought me near his house in Texas. I called him when I was in town and he invited me over. Now, when I get there, to his house, the garage doors are open. He and a couple of his friends were sitting there having an adult beverage or 3 talking about various things. But I was still in shock that there were 14 motorcycles in his garage. Ok, they must belong to the friends of his. But when the party was over and they took off, they left in their cars and the bikes stayed. I asked him about them and he said he owned them all. Wow, this dude is really rich. I have to get his business secrets. He knows something.

So later that evening, while discussing the stocks, he said that the best money he has made is in the auctions. Auctions? Ok, I needed and explanation.

So he starts to tell me the story of his investments in motorcycles. All of the bikes downstairs were his. 5 were being sold in the next few days. The money comes from the profit margin he was getting. He gave the example of the 2006 BMW R 1200 GS that he had. He got it at an auction for $395 dollars. The bike was in perfect condition and had only 1009 miles on it. So he puts it in the paper, listing it as the wife is making him get rid of it, which is not a lie. She did not like BMW bikes or cars. He lists it for $4,000 dollars. Within 3 days, he had 35 calls on it wanting to look at it. Problem is that on the first day, it ran in the paper, a gentleman called and said he really wanted this bike and he had cash. When the guy got there, he bargained a little with my friend, who was reluctant, but let it go for $3,600 dollars. Wow, that must have been hard to let that go for a $3,205 dollar profit. Yep, real hard.

On Thursday, he said was going over to Dallas to catch an auction that had 23 bikes involved. He asked if I asked if I wanted to tag along just to see what it is like. So I cancelled my flight and Thursday, we were off to Dallas.

The auctions he was going to was being held at 3pm. There were a lot of people there. I would say around 500 people. The items that were being auctioned ranged from seized cars to boats, jet skis to 4-wheelers. There were a lot of vehicles. I saw a guy end up with a 32 foot catamaran boat for just over $10,000 dollars. I thought this was a place of deals. That price scared the hell out of me. My buddy was kind of shocked because a boat like that inland was kind of weird to him. He then told me the boat was probably worth just over $120,000 dollars. Ok, maybe that was a bit of a bargain, I still have not picked up my jaw.

Now, the bikes. There were 21, not the original 23 he had thought. He probably got his auctions mixed up because of how many there are. 7 Harley Davidson bike and they were nice. There was one bike there that was a custom builder's bike. So let's cut to the chase. My buddy buys 3 bikes. 2 HD bikes and 1 Kawasaki 2005 Vulcan 1600 Classic. The Vulcan, he got that for $950 dollars. He said that he can sell for $6,000 dollars. The HD's were very nice. One was a 1997 Heritage Springer. That one he got for $1900 dollars. He said he would list that one for $10,000 dollars. The other HD, a 2003 Fat Boy will list for $12, 000 dollars in the paper. He got it for $1,500 dollars.

So, being a business man, I had to ask his secret. He then tells me that it is no secret. It is a matter of public record. All the auctions have to be printed in the paper. From 200 miles away they advertise in your paper, was my next question. He then starts to tell me of a web site that he uses and that he paid $30 bucks, one time and they give him all the auctions throughout the US and what is being auctioned in each. That is his leg work. Sitting behind a desk, just like you are right now, looking that the computer screen. In fact I now go on that very web site and shop when I am at the airport during my regular business trips. I have been to a few auctions since my buddy showed me the way. I have not found the bike I have been looking for but I did pick up a nice 65 Mustang for $1200 dollars. I sold it for $14,000 dollars.

I am telling you that if you are in the market to find an expensive bike, but you want to pay a fraction of the price, then the Sheriff Auctions site is for you. For a one time payment of $29.99, you get access to:

1. Auction listings containing auctions of Government-seized and other property including motorcycles, cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, and boats.

2. Listings of live online Sheriff Auctions and other Auctions in your local area and throughout the USA, so you will always get the best deals, complete with the contact names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and websites for easy reference and immediate use.

3. Full access to our Members' Area, containing current reports on the date, time, and locations of the best Government Auctions and other Auctions happening in your local area as well as throughout the surrounding region and across the USA.

And a whole lot more.

This information would cost you a ton if you were to do it on your own. All of the information is right there for you. Who wants to have 3000 news papers delivered to their house every week so they can look for the Sheriff Auctions? And when are you going to have the time to open and look thru all of them? With a money back guarantee, how can you go wrong? I know I'm not. I will be doing an online auction in a few hours and I plan on getting my bike there. An O.C.C. that has been listed in a small area of the US. Not a lot of bidders, so I should make out. Take care and be safe!

1 comment:

Ada said...

I have looked through that site. And I think it is a good site for the person who like motorcycle. But I know another better site for motorcycle enthusiasts. It called bikerkiss.